Friday, September 30, 2011

Why Wear A Golf Glove?


The simple answer is -golfers do not have to wear gloves. Nowhere in the rules does it state that golfers have to wear them. I for one have played both ways. I play with a glove now because I learned the error of my ways. There are people out there with low handicaps who play without one, even some Professionals play without one but I do recommend one. Wearing a golf glove has its advantages. Stick with me and I will share what I know.

Without a shadow of doubt wearing a glove gives you better grip. When I wasn't wearing one I felt I was gripping the club tighter. The tighter you grip the club the more the tension and the more likely a problem will occur somewhere in the swing. A golf glove though has a heel pad. This heel pad offers more grip than what your hand ever could. This means you don't have to grip it as tightly as you would without one, which in turn means less tension and better control over the swing.

A golf glove also has other advantages they are made from micro-fiber, cabretta and synthetic leather. These materials give full flexibility meaning you can move the fingers, they have full flexion which increases club control. A glove can also keep your hand warm particularly in the winter; it can prevent blister and calluses and it also improves dampness control. Undoubtedly the biggest problem for me when not wearing a glove was in the rain and in hot humid days. The hands would continuously sweat and it would make me grip the club tighter. This is why I decided it was time to be wearing a glove and it had a positive impact on my game. To put it in simple terms a golf glove increases feel and control.

Buy The Right Glove
Make sure you buy the right glove that fits snugly. If it is too tight the Velcro strap will not go all the way round. If it is too loose then it could slip off and even cause blisters because that's what loose material does. Find the right one which is snug and comfortable.
Other things to look out for are accessories which come with gloves. Some gloves feature a strap to place your tees other gloves come with a handy ball marker. There are now even special gloves on the market for people suffering with arthritis. This type of glove is designed to improve hand strength and reduces the pain an arthritic sufferer would otherwise have with a standard golf glove.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6538366

No comments:

Post a Comment